Our society is joining forces with 3rd Church of Christ, Scientist in Hyde Park, Boston, to bring a great event to our communities. We realized that many people around us are seeking better health, some of whom are also interested in exploring the connection between spirituality and health. So we’re hosting a special discussion with four panelists, each with a unique background, to discuss what they’ve found on this topic and how they’ve seen spirituality and health as interconnected.
A bit about the panelists:
- John R. Peteet, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School.
- Michael N. D’Ambra, M.D., also at Harvard Medical School, is an Associate Professor of Anesthesiology.
- Michael Balboni, PhD, ThM, is a researcher at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston.
- Christine Driessen, C.S.B., J.D, is a professional practitioner, lecturer, and teacher of Christian Science.
- All four contributed to a new book called The Soul of Medicine: Spiritual Perspectives and Clinical Practice, of which Peteet and D’Ambra are the editors. (It’s published by The Johns Hopkins University Press, and you can find more info on the book here.)
Come join us on Monday, Apr. 2 at 7:30pm. The panel talk will be over at Capen Hall at Hope Church, on 85 Seaverns Ave (just off of Centre St., or a two-minute walk from the Green St. stop on the Orange Line) in Jamaica Plain.
And remember — this event is completely free of charge and will be a great chance for anyone to ask questions & think more about the nature of health. Feel free to invite friends!
To read more details about the panelists, or to join this event through Facebook, go here: tinyURL.com/JPlecture. And message us if you’d like the below flyer about the event emailed to you for printing or sharing.
Hope to see you there. Blessings.